Future Conference Hosts
We are actively soliciting hosts for 2019, with preference to bids from the Asia/Pacific region, with a host proposal deadline in mid-2017 (see below). The host proposal process is intended to be as lightweight as possible while allowing the SC to conduct an informed review, and need not be a “polished” document, but should include:
- Details of the city, including typical hotel costs
- Details of at least one possible venue, including an indication of the cost of hiring the venue for 1 day of workshops and 3 days of the multi-track conference, and the AV facilities required, and WiFi networking capable of handling 600+ connected devices. This need not be final but are indicative of the costs of holding the conference in that location.
- Doable dates.
- Indications of potential collocation with other events.
- A possible schedule of the conference, which should be based on recent CHI PLAY conferences. Innovative ideas for other sessions or sub-events are very welcome.
- Short bios of the general chair and any local chairs or other community members who have indicated their willingness to serve. Program Chairs for the archival papers/notes track should NOT be specified. The SC will work with the general chairs to choose program chairs after the host is chosen.
- Potential local sponsors, both public bodies and local companies.
Prospective hosts are encouraged to review the ACM Conference Organizers Manual , ACM SIGCHI’s Guide to Organizing a Conference, the ACM Conference Financial Management guide, and the ACM sponsored conference TMRF Guidelines (though a TMRF is not necessary at this stage). As an ACM sponsored conference, the ACM takes on financial liability (e.g. signing contracts for the venue) and will assist the general chair(s) with negotiations with a suitable venue as necessary.
As with previous conferences, it is important to keep the registration costs and other costs associated with attending the conference as low as possible, so that attendance is open to as many as possible. Please focus on keeping costs such as food modest, and on listing low-cost accommodation possibilities.
To date, the conference will have moved around two regions over its first 4 years: Europe and the Americas, hence a preference for the Asia/Pacific in 2019.
Deadline for proposals: 31 August 2017
If you are thinking of submitting a proposal, please get in touch with the chair of the steering committee, Lennart Nacke email@example.com, or any other member of the steering committee (https://chiplay.acm.org/steering-committee-duties-and-procedures/ ). The SC is happy to help advise prospective hosts before a final proposal is submitted.