Authors are invited to submit high-quality original work to advance the field of player-computer interaction research. CHI PLAY 2019 welcomes submissions that further our understanding of the player experience, as well as contributions on novel designs or implementations of player-computer interactions, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Playful interactions and new game mechanics
- Innovative implementation techniques that affect player experiences
- Studies of applied games and player experiences (e.g., games and play for health, wellbeing, and learning)
- Accessible and inclusive design and play experience
- Advances in game user research and game evaluation methods
- Psychology of players and typologies of games and players
- Gamification, persuasive games, and motivational design
- Virtual and augmented reality in games and play
- Novel controls, input or display technologies for games and play
- Tools for game creation
- Innovations to advance the work of game designers and developers
- Game analytics and novel visualizations of player experiences
- Developer experiences and studies of developers
- Industry case studies
Important dates (23:59 UTC -10:00)
|April 9, 2019||Full Papers submission deadline|
|May 30, 2019||Reviews sent to authors|
|June 6, 2019||Rebuttal deadline|
|June 20, 2019||Decisions sent to authors|
|August 2, 2019||Final camera-ready papers due|
CHI PLAY 2019 will not make a distinction between notes and papers, but encourages authors to use the number of pages necessary, with an upper limit of 10 pages. References do not count toward the page limit.
All papers, irrespective of length, will undergo the same review process and are evaluated against the same review criteria. All accepted papers will be included in the conference proceedings published in the ACM Digital Library, and will be presented at the conference with a standard speaking length.
Submissions must be made using the Precision Conference System (PCS). We strongly encourage authors to submit a video to support and accompany their submission when applicable. Papers may refer to these videos.
Papers will be subject to blind peer reviewing and all identifying information about authors needs to be removed from the submitted manuscripts. Citations to own work must not be anonymous, but should be described in a way that does not reveal the authors of the submitted paper as the author of the cited work. For example, instead of “We build on our previous work  through…” one should say “We build on the work of <author name> et al.  through…” Papers failing to meet these criteria (paper length, acceptable language, anonymized) will be desk rejected.
All accepted papers must be presented as an oral presentation at the conference, by one of the authors of the paper. The presenting author must register for the full conference. Similar to previous years, the program committee will nominate papers for best paper awards (top 1% of submissions) and honorary mentions (top 5% of submissions).
After the Conference
Full papers will be available in the CHI PLAY 2019 Conference proceedings available in the ACM Digital Library.