WORK IN PROGRESS
Work in Progress contributions provide a unique opportunity for authors to present reports on original yet incomplete work that seeks to advance our current knowledge in games and play through innovative or thought-provoking ideas. We encourage submissions describing late-breaking advances and work-in-progress reports from ongoing research. Submissions are evaluated on the basis of originality, innovation and contribution to the diversity of the conference program.
- Original and innovative technologies, techniques, or prototypes, with or without an accompanying evaluation
- Qualitative or quantitative studies showing preliminary results
- “Sequels” to a prior research contribution
- “Prequels” to motivate or stimulate novel conversations or future work
- Theoretical or methodological contributions that provoke disciplinary conversations
Work in Progress papers are archived in the ACM Digital Library in the CHI PLAY 2021 Extended Abstracts.
Up to 8 pages in ACM Primary Article Template, single column manuscript style.
CHI PLAY 2021 will use the new ACM Primary Article Templates; detailed instructions on formatting can be found at http://www.acm.org/publications/authors/submissions. Authors should submit manuscripts for review in a single column format, which is available for Word and LaTeX (use the “manuscript” call to create a single column format, rather than “acmsmall”). If you are using the ACM LaTeX Overleaf template, please select the “ACM Journals – New Primary Article Template”, not the “ACM Conference Proceedings ‘Master’ Template”.
(all times are 23:59 Anywhere on Earth or AoE):
|July 16, 2021||Work in Progress papers submission deadline|
|August 20, 2021||Notifications|
|September 10, 2021||Camera Ready Deadline|
- All times are 23:59 AoE (Anywhere on Earth)
- Up to 8 pages in ACM Primary Article Template, single column manuscript style (references excluded)
- Submissions must be made to CHI PLAY 2021 using the Precision Conference System (PCS)
- Submissions are NOT anonymous
- A pre-recorded video is only required upon acceptance and has to be submitted together with the camera-ready paper.
Papers: Please use inclusive language throughout your papers. Some commonly-used charged terminology and alternative suggestions can be found at: https://www.acm.org/diversity-inclusion/words-matter. Please avoid using gendered language, ableist language, and racialized terminology.
You are asked to provide alt-text descriptions for all figures in your submission. Writing good descriptive text is important, so please look at http://www.sigaccess.org/welcome-to-sigaccess/resources/describing-figures/ for guidance and examples.
More information for writing accessible papers can be found at the CHI 2021 guidelines: https://chi2021.acm.org/for-authors/presenting/papers/guide-to-an-accessible-submission/
Videos: For accessibility guidelines for videos please refer to the video guidelines.
Work in Progress submissions will be peer-reviewed, and evaluated on the basis of originality, innovation and contribution to conference program diversity.
Authors will have three weeks to prepare a camera-ready version of the paper incorporating the feedback provided by reviewers as well as a pre-recorded video of their presentation. Authors will discuss their work in dedicated breakout rooms, where the author will be able to engage with the audience.
After the Conference
Work in Progress papers and the pre-recorded videos will be archived in the ACM Digital Library in the CHI PLAY 2021 Extended Abstracts.
Questions? Please contact the Work in Progress Chairs at email firstname.lastname@example.org.