Up to 8 pages in ACM Primary Article Template, single-column manuscript style.
Important dates (all times are 23:59 Anywhere on Earth or AoE)
July 20, 2022: Work in Progress papers submission deadline
Due to technical issues with PCS, the submission deadline is extended to July 21, 2022 (AOE)
Work in Progress contributions provide a unique opportunity for authors to present reports on original yet incomplete work that seeks to advance our current knowledge in games and play through innovative or thought-provoking ideas. We encourage submissions describing late-breaking advances and work-in-progress reports from ongoing research. Submissions are evaluated on the basis of originality, innovation, and contribution to the diversity of the conference program.
- Original and innovative technologies, techniques, or prototypes, with or without an accompanying evaluation
- Qualitative or quantitative studies showing preliminary results
- “Sequels” to a prior research contribution
- “Prequels” to motivate or stimulate novel conversations or future work
- Theoretical or methodological contributions that provoke disciplinary conversations
Work in Progress papers are archived in the ACM Digital Library in the CHI PLAY 2022 Extended Abstracts.
- Up to 8 pages in ACM Primary Article Template, single-column manuscript style (references excluded)
- Detailed instructions on formatting and submission can be found at Extended Abstract Submission Guidelines.
- Submissions are NOT anonymous
Work in Progress submissions will be peer-reviewed and evaluated on the basis of originality, innovation, and contribution to conference program diversity.
Authors will need to prepare a camera-ready version of their paper, and a video presentation of their work. Additionally, authors who attend the conference in person will be asked to prepare a poster that will be shown at the event, and where they will have the opportunity to present in the context of one of the evening events.
AFTER THE CONFERENCE
Authors will need to prepare a camera-ready version incorporating the feedback provided by reviewers. The chairs will be in touch after acceptance providing information about the presentation format.
Questions? Please contact the Work in Progress Chairs at email email@example.com.