Up to 8 pages in ACM Primary Article Template, single-column manuscript style.
Important dates (all times are 23:59 Anywhere on Earth or AoE)
July 20, 2022: Work in Progress papers submission deadline
Work in Progress contributions provide a unique opportunity for authors to present reports on original yet incomplete work that seeks to advance our current knowledge in games and play through innovative or thought-provoking ideas. We encourage submissions describing late-breaking advances and work-in-progress reports from ongoing research. Submissions are evaluated on the basis of originality, innovation, and contribution to the diversity of the conference program.
- Original and innovative technologies, techniques, or prototypes, with or without an accompanying evaluation
- Qualitative or quantitative studies showing preliminary results
- “Sequels” to a prior research contribution
- “Prequels” to motivate or stimulate novel conversations or future work
- Theoretical or methodological contributions that provoke disciplinary conversations
Work in Progress papers are archived in the ACM Digital Library in the CHI PLAY 2022 Extended Abstracts.
- Up to 8 pages in ACM Primary Article Template, single-column manuscript style (references excluded)
- Detailed instructions on formatting and submission can be found at Extended Abstract Submission Guidelines.
- Submissions are NOT anonymous
Work in Progress submissions will be peer-reviewed and evaluated on the basis of originality, innovation, and contribution to conference program diversity.
Authors will have three weeks to prepare a camera-ready version of the paper incorporating the feedback provided by reviewers as well as a pre-recorded video of their presentation. Authors will discuss their work in dedicated breakout rooms, where the author will be able to engage with the audience.
AFTER THE CONFERENCE
Work in Progress papers and the pre-recorded videos will be archived in the ACM Digital Library in the CHI PLAY 2022 Extended Abstracts.
Questions? Please contact the Work in Progress Chairs at email firstname.lastname@example.org.