Work in Progress
Work in Progress (WIP) contributions provide a unique opportunity for authors to present reports on original yet incomplete work that seeks to advance our current knowledge in games and play through innovative or thought-provoking ideas. We encourage submissions describing late-breaking advances and a-in-progress reports from ongoing research. Submissions are evaluated on their originality, innovation, and contribution to the diversity of the conference program.
- Original and innovative technologies, techniques, or prototypes, with or without an accompanying evaluation
- Qualitative or quantitative studies showing preliminary results
- “Sequels” to a prior research contribution
- “Prequels” to motivate or stimulate novel conversations or future work
- Theoretical or methodological contributions that provoke disciplinary conversations
Work in Progress papers are archived in the ACM Digital Library in the CHI PLAY 2023 Extended Abstracts.
- Up to 8 pages in ACM Primary Article Template, single-column manuscript style (excluding references)
- Detailed instructions on formatting and submission can be found at Extended Abstract Submission Guidelines.
- Submissions are NOT anonymous
Work in Progress (WIP) submissions will be peer-reviewed and evaluated based on originality, innovation, and contribution to conference program diversity.
Authors will have three weeks to prepare a camera-ready version of the paper incorporating the feedback provided by reviewers as well as a pre-recorded video of their presentation. Further, authors will have to prepare a poster for presentation at the conference. Work-in-Progress submissions are only presented as posters at the conference. If your work involves a demonstration of a piece of technology or experience consider making an additional submission to the Interactivity track.
The submitted video must be no longer than 3 minutes and briefly describe authors’ work. Please see the video guidelines for technical requirements.
After the Conference
Work in Progress papers and the pre-recorded videos will be archived in the ACM Digital Library in the CHI PLAY 2023 Extended Abstracts.
Questions? Please contact the Work in Progress Chairs at email email@example.com.